Monday, May 28, 2012

Splatter Paint Nails

Hi guys!  So, I found this radical way to make your nails look like splatter paint.  It's a little messy, but totes worth it!


For my base coat, I used NYC Long Wearing: Taxi Yellow Creme.  My splatter paint colors were Wet n Wild Megalast: I Red a Good Book, O.P.I: Funkey Dunkey, and O.P.I: Ogre-The-Top Blue.  As a top coat, I used NYC Matte me Crazy.  First things first, you've got to apply the base coat.


Now, here's where it gets tricky.  I chose to be rebellious and not use tape around each nail to keep the mess from getting big, but looking back, I really should have.  It.  Gets.  Real.  Messy.  See, what you do is take the nail polish and pour a little onto a paper towel/newspaper.  Then, you dip a straw into it, making sure you get it across the entire opening of the straw.  Now, you hold the straw over the first finger.  Blow hard and quickly to ensure the polish splats.  Do this again to your other nails and in different colors.



Yeah, your nails should look something like this, if you chose not to use tape.  -____-  No worries, though!  Take some nail polish remover and scrub-a-dub-dub.  Then, the finished product oughta look like this. 


Simply apply your top coat, and you are good to go!  Enjoy splatterfying your nails.  Happy Memorial Day! I hope you take some time to remember what our military's done for us and its ultimate sacrifices. God bless.

P.S. I got this idea from http://www.nail-art-101.com/.  It rocks, and has some great ideas!  I love to use online stuff like this and see if it really works for amateurs like me.  This one totally does!  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment