Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy First Birthday, Fashion Candy!


     Wow, where does the time go?  It's hard to believe a whole year has gone by since I sat at my dining room table one night and created the blog Fashion Candy.  I've enjoyed every bit of this blog and I hope there are many more years of writing about fabulous fashion!!  In honor of this special day, I decided I'd post one of the biggest posts I've ever done, covering clothes, sketches, and more!  I'll start off with my favorite skirt.  I got it at a little boutique called Peter's Path, and I love it to death!  It's a beautiful knee length skirt that wraps around the waist, with 3-D sequin flowers and beads on the front.  Take a look!  ;)




So cute, right?  You can see more of their stuff on their Facebook page. So, next I'm going to share my top five favorite nail polishes!

NYC's just that reliable, cheap nail polish that I can turn to when I want something that works, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Fairly new, this nail polish is awesome, and does quite well with one coat.  I love the color choices Maybelline offers, too! 

First of all, I love Wet n Wild products.  They work so well, considering the low price.  I never, ever pay too much for Wet n Wild products, yet they work like magic.  This stuff's perfect for a base coat and comes in plenty of sassy colors.

OPI is just all around fantastic, and even though I just listed one product, I love a lot of their stuff.  For instance, I like Nichole by OPI too, and the crackle is great if you want some texture.  OPI may not be the cheapest, let's just be honest.  But, if you want a polish that stays on, probably longer than I've ever seen, this stuff works.
My favorite brand is back once more!!  Wet n Wild Megalast is some of the best stuff ever.  It comes with a manicure brush, so all that is required for each nail is one to two strokes!  It's thick and it lasts long.  You won't clean out your wallet to buy this stuff, either.  It's usually only one or two dollars!
Alright, so the only reason this didn't make the list is because it's the only Milani (and Milani Jewel Lacquer) product I have.  It works great, and it's probably my favorite individual nail polish, but I haven't had experience with enough Milani Jewel FX products to vouch on their reliability.  I really wanna try more, though, and I'd like to get some regular Milani nail polish.  This bottle of polish rocks, so I bet their other products do, too!


Now, we move on to a sketch I made.  I love the silver bottom of this dress (I used a silver gel pen to make it sparkly), and I'd love to own these shoes.  Alas, until I am able to call them mine, they shall only be a sketch, a dream, a desire.  Poetic, huh?  ;)  Anyway, I'd like a dress like this to go to a party or enjoy a night on the town.  What do you think?



Lastly, I have the following:
  • Eat foods like salmon, nuts, whole grains, and poultry.
  • Mash a ripe avacado with one egg, and apply it to wet hair to restore its luster.
  • Wrap wet hair in a towel and let it absorb some of the moisture to prevent split ends.  Don't rub it!
  • Use a humidifier in your room.
  • If you wear ponytails, never pull them back too tightly; this puts a lot of stress on your hair.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed Fashion Candy's first year of fashion!  I can't wait for you all to see what I have in store for this year!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment